Banana cake is a favourite snack for hungry kids. Not only is it packed with healthy and nutritious bananas, it tastes delicious and is really easy to make. Try this banana cake recipe that is easier to make than most.
- 125g butter and dash of vanilla essence
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas – use 4 if you like it really banana-y
- 200g light sour cream
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg method
- Cream butter, vanilla and sugar. Add eggs and mix.
- Mash bananas and mix in sour cream. Add to rest of mixture.
- Add all dry ingredients to banana mixture. Mix slowly.
- Bake at 180ºC for 45 minutes.